Your gift for the Branching Out Campaign will help to expand and relocate chemotherapy and infusion services to the new Cancer Center and improve care for patients and families in our community.
Chelsea Community Hospital opened the community’s first Infusion Center in November 2010 with the support of generous donors. Your gifts for the Infusion Center planted the seed and helped us to take a first step toward creating a full-service Cancer Center, planned for completion in 2014.
Various Hospital events, including the annual Auction, Holiday Gala, and many private donations provided the funds needed to develop this important service in Chelsea. And, your gifts continue to make a difference.
The Current Infusion Center:
- Is located on the second floor of the Professional Building at Chelsea Community Hospital
- Overlooks the peaceful, wooded setting of the Hospital campus
- Developed in collaboration with IHA Hematology Oncology Consultants, a physician practice that specializes in the care of patients with blood disorders and cancer
- Includes physician offices and exam rooms as well as six infusion bays
- Offers seamless access to services throughout Saint Joseph Mercy Health System and the Mercy Cancer Network
These same benefits will be offered and expanded in the new Cancer Center.
"A cancer diagnosis is a life-changing event and we recognize that patients need to receive care that is not only outstanding in terms of the clinical competence, but also in terms of the compassionate way in which its delivered," said Kathleen Beekman, MD, Director of CCH Infusion Center. "We have an amazing staff here that love what they do, are dedicated to the Chelsea Community and have the benefit of a larger network of cancer care through Saint Joseph Mercy Health System."