Celebrities and players aim to raise $150,000 at St. Joe's Pro Am 05/23/2012 The 15th annual St. Joe’s Pro Am is slated for Monday, June 25 at Pheasant Run Golf Club, located at 46500 Summit Parkway in Canton.
Funds raised at this year's event will benefit patients and families who turn to St. Joseph Mercy Canton Center for Advanced Medicine and Surgery for cancer care. The committee's goal is to raise $150,000 to support the purchase of a power contrast injector to augment the CT simulation process used for radiation treatment planning. The technologically advanced injector will provide an enhanced image of the treatment area as well as provide a consistent, patient-specific, rate of injection that can be reproduced for future needs.
Leading the Pro Am’s philanthropic efforts with $5,000 Eagle Sponsorships are Gil-Mar Manufacturing and Meijer.
Celebrity Appearances Include:
· Hockey great Ted Lindsay, the Pro Am’s Chair Emeritus
· Four-time Stanley Cup Champion, former Detroit Red Wing player and assistant coach, Joe Kocur
· James Wisniewski, defenseman for the Columbus Blue Jackets
· Lila Lazarus, health reporter and television personality
· Jeff Lesson, sports anchor and host of “Lesson on Golf”
· Olympic gold medal ice dancing pair, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir
Registration begins at 8 a.m. and a shotgun start follows at 9 a.m. The St. Joe’s Pro Am will conclude with a cocktail reception, awards dinner and silent auction.
Sponsorships and dinner tickets are available for purchase as well. For more information or to participate, please contact the St. Joseph Mercy Office of Development at 734-712-4040.